statcounter

Sunday, April 12, 2009

COOTAMUNDRA WATTLE


I took this pic last August when our Cootamundra, Acacia.baileyana, was looking its best.  The Cootamundra has a short lifespan, 7 to 20 years, and this one has been there for ten.  Sadly, shortly after flowering, the tree split in two, leaving one side dead.  Today we have a wonderful neighbour coming with his chainsaw and a team of his Easter weekend visitors to put it to rest.  

I made some patty cakes for my family visitors and later this morning will make a carrot cake, which will go nicely with the hot Earl Grey on their break.

We all ventured up the street yesterday to the very popular Easter market.  I bought some novels and a delightful little handbook, Writing, The Story of Alphabets and Scripts by Georges Jean, published by Thames & Hudson, London, on which I'll elaborate at a later date.

No comments: