statcounter

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

COUSCOUS


Tucking into Willow's Macaroni Cheese

Here's a lovely side dish I like to include with our BBQs.

Sweet Peppery Couscous
1 cup corn kernels
1/2 cup Couscous
Dill leaf
2 tblsp lemon juice
2tblsp butter
Cracked pepper
2 tblsp EV olive oil
200ml chicken stock (2 cubes)

Melt butter in pan, cook corn for a couple of minutes. Add stock and bring to the boil. Remove pan from stove. Sprinkle couscous evenly over corn and cover with a tea towel for about 5 minutes.

Add pepper, lemon juice, oil and sprinkle of dill (or herb of your choice). Stir. Serve hot or cold.

4 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

This looks wonderful! My peeps love couscous, so I must give this a try. Thank you!!

vicki archer said...

This sounds delicious - I will definitely try this recipe this week, xv.

John-Michael said...

I am immediately reminded of ...

"Jack Spratt could eat no fat,
His wife could eat no lean,
And so, betwixt them both, you see,
They licked the platter clean.
MORAL:
Better to go to bed supperless than to rise in debt."

... which I drew from "the version from The Little Mother Goose (1912), illustrated by Jessie Willcox Smith. This version includes a "Moral"...

I think that you will enjoy the illustrations presented HERE

I thank You for this completely enjoyable Moment!

alaine@éclectique said...

Indeed it is, John-Michael, Jack Sprat and his wife. Arthur Rackham's artistry. And thankyou for that link.

Hope you all enjoy the Couscous as my guests did and they loooooooved Willow's MC. I made it with Tomato Basil macaroni, a new line on the shelf.