statcounter

Saturday, August 22, 2009

An Award? A Lovely Surprise!

Congratulations to Bonnie over at Original Heart Studio who has just received the Bella Sinclair Award. Bonnie, in turn, has passed it on to me and two others! Thank you, I love surprises! The award was originally created by Ces of Ces and Her Dishes for Bella of Bella Sinclair Doodlespot and this is how Ces describes it -

" I designed this award to celebrate art in the blogs and to honor the value of friendship, sisterhood, sharing and caring. It is to be awarded to the gifted, accomplished, eloquent and talented blogger whose friendship and influence inspire us to do our best. That I named it after Bella Sinclair is because she epitomizes all of these things. She is an inspiration to many of us."

Now, the procedure, I believe, is to pass the award on so I'd like to confer it upon Ruthie of 5 Precious Things in Scotland, Susan of Bearswamp Reflections in America and Aussie expat, Vicki of French Essence in France. These three ladies I met in my early days of blogging and they've been most gracious with visits and comments that have encouraged me to keep it up.

There are a handful of others I greatly admire who have been there too and I continue to be fascinated, inspired and motivated by reading their posts. I treasure your friendship.

Thanks again, Bonnie!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done and congratulations, Alaine. It is a nice award.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

You are so very welcome and so deserving. I love coming here to visit.

Tracy said...

Congratulations on this wonderful award, Alaine...well done, and well deserved too! :o) Happy weekend, my friend ((HUGS))

vicki archer said...

Congrats Alaine, so well deserved and thank you so much for your lovely words - I am most touched that you thought of me, xv.

Ces Adorio said...

Hello Alaine, Conguratulations! It is wonderful to see this award given given to wonderful artists and bloggers. I would like to see more of your blog. I am glad you stopped by. I am just taking a short leave while I rest my hand. Too much drawing exacerbated my carpal tunnel syndrome. I hope to be back soon. CONGRATULATIONS, again!

Ces Adorio said...

Oh I love your photography!

alaine@éclectique said...

Many thank yous to Derrick, Bonnie and Tracy.

Vicki, thank you and it is my pleasure; I love reading your blog, as I did your book, which, by the way, has also been read by the librarian and a couple of my friends.

Ces, it is wonderful to be visited by the artist of the Award! And thank you for your kind comments. I know what you're going through with your hand as I have the same problem; my fingers go numb with 'pins & needles' whenever I turn my hand to calligraphy, letter writing, knitting, etc. I had it diagnosed about 20 years ago but was too busy then to have the operation. I must get it looked at again! All the best.

Ruthie Redden said...

Alaine, i am such a disorganised person. i am apologising for missing the email you sent re my award! it was in my junk mail!! thank you so for this, it means a great deal. I hope you will not be offended if i do not pass it on, i have such a crazy schedule of stuff to do. i do love to visit here, always so interesting, and special as you were one of my earliest blogs i came across & loved. A justly deserved award to you, heres to many more x x

Susan said...

Alaine, you're so sweet! What a lovely award! Thank you so much!

I will post it as soon as I catch up with things. I've been away for four days and I'm terribly behind on everything.

Hugs!

alaine@éclectique said...

Ruthie & Susan, No wonder I hadn't heard from you both; one so busy and the other away. I was beginning to think that I'd done the wrong thing! However, I'm glad that you've accepted the Award, as you both deserve it.

Have you popped over to Ces's (the girl who designed the Award) blog to see her amazing drawings? She's having a break right now because she's exacerbated the carpal tunnel problem with her drawing hand.

Ruthie Redden said...

Dear Alaine, so sorry we had you thinking u had done the wrong thing,,, not at all, it it is a precious thing to receive an award, for me it means that i am doing something right! lol,. i have been over to visit ces's blog, her work is gorgeous x

alaine@éclectique said...

Ruthie, just when I've found her and her wonderful art, she is taking a break but I'm sure she'll be back with more wonderful stuff.

I so enjoy visiting your blog to see what new things you've drawn, painted and photographed, and, along with many others, I'm sure, I'm looking forward to the GRAND OPENING!